Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Fabric in card making


Here are a couple cards I did using fabric.  One the first one above, I stamped directly onto the fabric with some large Stampendous floral stamps and cut them out (the material I used is behind the card). I painted the chip board mat with gesso and green, blue, & tan acrylic paints in a random fashion, not trying to hide brush strokes or blend.  I then sprayed the background with yellow, orange, & blue ink.  I used a matte collage glue and pasted down my fabric flowers then went over everything.   As you can see, I glued a few sequins and beads on around the flowers.
The bottom card I used the fabric as a background.  I plastered the card stock with Mod Podge and then set my fabric down, wrinkling as I went. I then coated it VERY well with Mod Podge and let it dry.  I colored the image (from Northwoods) with Copics to match the fabric. Of course, when I saw the fabric this scene popped into my head...what else could it be with fabric like that!!?
I used glitter glue (Stickles) on the pine trees and ground then used white liquid pearls on some branches of the Oak? trees.  Before either was dry, I added a coat of Prisma  ultra fine powered glitter.
The corners are a die from Cheery Lynn Designs and the white on white pine bough card stock used for the corners, oval behind words and image is from SEI.  Joy and Peace is Northwoods.

2 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

Robin, I want to thank you for leaving so many wonderful comments on my cards. You are so kind.
I also have used fabric on my cards, mostly at Christmas time. You have done a beautiful job creating you scene and your choice of flowers is awesome, love those colors.
Thank you,
Pat

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards, I love your ideas for using fabric on cards!