Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Interlocking gate fold mermaid

Colored with Copic Markers. I used an oval and a decorative oval from Spellbinders to make this card's interlocking "doors" (see small photo, it is partly open). I meant to put Stickles on the tail but forgot.  I did a little "out of the box" die cutting on the image, leaving the rock out to act like a little fastener for my doors.
Inside is another oval set so that WHEN I find the right words, I can stamp them.
This image is from Penny Black.
The card was done for SplitCoastStampers, two challenges, the color challenge and the new technique challenge...which was the interlocking gate fold.

2 comments:

Danni said...

I just love this!! So pretty!

Grace said...

This is so sweet Robin! Love how you colored your image! The vine trim/ribbon is the perfect touch! Love the oval as an interlocking gatefold!!! Hope all is well with you!
hugs,
Grace