Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Reflections

Good morning everyone!!
This is one of the cards I did for Dare To Get Dirty over at SplitCoastStampers.  It is done on water color paper so the ink did not want to transfer well from my reverse image (image by Memory Box).  I first tried stamping onto an acrylic block to transfer but that did NOT work at all in this case.  I then used a piece of smooth rubber that I bought years ago to carve.  I stamped my image on it and quickly stamped it onto my card.  As you can see, the image lines are not quite so pronounced but in this case I felt it was a good thing.  Probably one big mistake I made was to put dabs of color on the trees first.  I should have done the sky first as it is a wash and would not lift and mix as easily as the yellow leaves and you know what happens when you mix yellow and blue together.  That worked ok in the water here and there because it's water but I did NOT want green in my sky!!  I really had to take care in the way I moved my brush around up there.
The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs.  It seemed perfect for this card as the water has to be still or quiet to show a reflection.
So it is with our hearts...When your heart is quiet and emptied of your "self", that is, your own desires, your own way, your own anything...you can then reflect more of Christ.
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God" Romans 12:2
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Be imitators of God as dear children.  And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us..." Eph. 4:32-5:2
I would just like to add, referring to the verse in Romans, that the way to renew our minds and be transformed into His image is to read His word daily and sit in quiet with Him and in prayer to Him.
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me" Ps. 51:10

1 comment:

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful card, I just love the pretty colors and reflection. beautifully written post!!! Thanks for the wonderful scriptures!!!