Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

DRS Challenge #139- Knots

Hello all, for this Thursday's challenge at DRS, I've made another bendi-frame card.  So part of my scene is on the back of the frame and the other part is on the card front.  The challenge is week is to use a knot/knots, so I have made some double knots on my cord and attached it to the bendi-frame.  I was thinking of making a hangman's noose but I can't remember how to do it!
DRS stamps used: 960E Boo-itful Halloween, 191C Small Ghost, 141H Spooky Silhouette, 136F Spooky Tree Limb, 125G The Raven, 517A Accent Bats.
This photo shows the bend of the frame which is easy to achieve and here's how: Your card base will be 1/8" smaller than your frame.  I used nesting rectangle dies from Spellbinders to make my frame. 
The web is a punch from Martha Stewart and it is punched out of vellum.  The fence is also a Martha Stewart border punch.  I added gray to it to make shadows (which is actually darker in real life).  The card base is purple and I first stamped the houses in black then re-stamped just the moon on white and cut it out. I cut out the ghostie too and he is attached to the back of the frame.
Before attaching the frame, I also stamped more bats and the sentiment then used Q-tips to make eerie looking mist floating in with white pigment ink.
So now I'm ready to attach the frame (which has the bare branch on one side, the fence and ghost at the bottom, the branch with crow on the right side and the webs at the top), I cut on 4 1/4" piece of foam tap then cut it in half lengthwise and put one half on each side of my frame...DO NOT put any adhesive on top or bottom of your frame. I attached my cord (under the tape) then I line up one side and stick the one side.  Now the other side will be slightly longer than my card so I have to be sure to line up the sides again of my frame and card top.  Now my frame naturally bends outward for a 3-D look.
Well, I hope you will join the challenge...remember, all you need is a card with a knot/knots to join in the fun.  Click HERE to see the other designer's cards and to join the challenge. 
Have a very creative weekend!
Robin


No comments: