Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

DRS Challenge #152 Sing It To Me

Good Thursday morning to you all!!
This week our challenge at DRS is to use music in your card.
DRS stamps used: 220L Bubble Candle Oval, 1004F Triple Holly , 526K Nativity Ornament, 506P Silent Night Sheet Music. I made a frame with purple and white card stock and the A2 rectangle nesties from Spellbinders.  The sheet music was embossed in white and then sponged with Distress inks, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Grape Preserves and Chipped Sapphire.  I stamped the candle on white and then masked it off and carefully taped off Joseph then inked Mary and Jesus and stamped.  I cleaned the stamp and taped off Mary and Jesus then stamped Joseph (I tape it and then ink the remainder and then remove the tape before stamping).  I use Copic Markers to color. In this case I purposely added the opposite colors on bubbles as if they are reflected then I removed some of the color to make it a bit mottled as shine and other colors might make it look.  The stars are silver stickers. I added a white oval mat to the oval on the candle.  I added Wink of Stella to the melted wax and to the bubbles then I added Glossy Accents to the top of the melted wax.
Masking and using different stamps together or part of stamps is just another way to breathe new life into some older stamps you may have.  Makes you look at your stamps in a whole new way!
To find the other design team samples and/or join in the challenge (music on your card), click HERE.

No comments: