Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

DRS Challenge #166 Color

Good morning everyone!
Today starts a new challenge at DRS Designs-the COLOR challenge! 
This is one of my favorite challenges.

Here is the picture of this week's colors, aren't they so pretty!
I also used Spellbinder Scalloped Border die, Cheery Lynn corner die, ribbon and acrylic baubles on this creation.  My image is colored with Copic Markers.
I kind of did this card different than it looks and if I had realized it would look the same either way, I would have chosen the easier route, let me explain:
I cut my butterfly panel with the border cut and then instead of cutting the purple panel with the plain version of the border die, I cut the sentiment panel with the die backward (having to line it up exactly). The purple panel is all one piece, the card base.  What would have been so much simpler would have been to cut the purple panel with the plain border die.  Good grief! Oh well., it's all good!
I ran the sheer ribbon top and bottom under the butterfly panel and on top of the sentiment panel just to add interest mostly to the sentiment panel then I added the little baubles to the bottom and cut out the butterfly for the top.  I added the wide and narrow ribbon bow to finish it off.
Please join us for this week's challenge by linking your own creation HERE.  You can also see all the other designer's cards at that location.

No comments: