Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

DRS Designs Challenge #176- Easy as 1-2-3

Good morning!
Today is a fun and easy challenge at DRS!
Use one of something (like in my case, sentiment), two of something (border cuts) and three of something (butterflies). 
You can use whatever you like, such as: stamps, buttons, ribbons, die cuts, colors, brads, flowers, etc. Come up with any combination of 1, 2, 3.
I stamped the flower border twice on white card stock, colored and cut out (about 1 1/2 borders). Stamped the butterflies on a separate piece, colored and cut out.
I took a piece of 3 3/4 X 5 white card stock and used the Spellbinders curved border on it with two border dies in place (one scallop and one decorative above it). I trimmed a bit off the bottom so that I could separate the cut from the left over bottom piece (since I wanted to use both on this card).
After stamping the sentiment, I mounted both pieces onto a black panel 4 X 5 1/4 then onto a white folded A2 card.
I added the flower border curving a bit where the two pieces of border met and then foam taped my butterflies into place on the flowers.  I added Stickles to the wings and some pearl flourishes to the panels above and below the cuts.  I wanted some bright colors to go with my black and white card so this hot pink and orange really pops I think! 
Hope you'll join in the challenge! There is a prize giving each week so head on over HERE.
You will also see the other designer's samples for this week!
Thanks for visiting!
Robin

No comments: