Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, June 4, 2015

DRS Challenge #177 Hot Trends-Over The Top

Good morning and welcome to a new challenge at DRS.
Today's challenge is to put your sentiment ove or partly over your image.
Well, My image is of butterflies and as you can see the sentiment in on top of them.
My background pink and purple was done with the crinkled wax paper technique.  You ball up the wax paper tightly in your hand then flatten it out and iron it onto some cardstock.  Then ink it with a brayer or sponges.  The wax acts like a resist but only where the wrinkles were.
I used a Spellbinder Bracket Border die on the image layer and on the pink layer then mounted to a white card.  I used nesting Die-Namic stitched square dies for the sentiment and mat and my bow is 1" satin ribbon.  The stamp was white heat embossed onto my background paper.
To see more designer samples, please click HERE. You will also find all the information about how to join in the challenge for the possibility of a prize from a random drawing each week.
Thanks for visiting!
Robin

No comments: