Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

DRS Challenge #178- Just Beachy

Good morning!
Today I'm giving you a peek at the new release at DRS.
the lighthouse, mermaid and shells are all part of the new release for June.  The sunrays (or in this case, light rays) are an embossing folder inked before embossing. I used 1114D Sand, Snow, Water lines where the mermaid comes up out of the water to take a look at what is making all the light...she is very curious! I needed a get well card so I used the 1097E Get Well Soon on the inside, popped up to be a catch to hold the card open.  The shells (part of the new release) are also popped up.
For the sea shore, I used some Liquid Applique (heat puffed slightly) and some Stickles to make a foamy look. I also added a few rocks to get the more rocky looking beaches we have in Northern California.  There is some Stickles also added to the water for shine marks (and to her tail).
I used a Spellbinder decorative die to make my card base and top (Decorative Labels 8 and Labels 8). I did the "out of the box" cutting technique for her tail. I used Copic Markers for coloring, R32, R14, Boo, BG11, BG32, BO1 BG34 YR000, YR00, R20, Y21, Y15, E30, E50 E31, E53.
To join in the challenge and to see the other designer's cards, please click here.
Have a great weekend...it IS almost the weekend right???
Robin

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

I still love this card my friend. Wonderful colors, wonderful way to add so many of the new images, and lovely framing. Everything is soooo pretty. Hugz