Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, December 3, 2015

DRS Challenge #203 Hot Trends-Tags

Good morning!
Today I decided to add my tag to my card/project.
I utilized a die cut from Memory box and made my fussy cut Christmas Village pieces part of it.
Featured here is the new Custom Christmas Village Custom Name Sign...Yes, you can have YOUR own name and short message made for your own family!!  So fun!
I also used the Christmas Village Cabin 212G, and Christmas Village Lamp Post 226B.  I colored the pieces and fussy cut them then added them to my oval tag.  To help blend them to the die cut, I added Liquid Pearls-white and then glittered with a chunky type (not ultra fine like normal) loose glitter that you can find at any craft store for kids projects...yes, super cheap glitter!  My card base background is a plaid that I made with the Woven Plaid 613P stamp.  I was trying for the Tartan plaid in red, green, yellow and black.  I was able to achieve this plaid with the Woven set you can buy separated (so that each stripe is separate for easy color mixing, I think you have to request it to be separated or you can buy it and cut it apart yourself).  The other die cuts I used for this card come from Cheery Lynn Designs (snowflakes), Sue Wilson (tree behind far left light post) and Elizabeth Craft Designs (Merry Christmas).
It has been so fun this year creating Christmas cards with all the new designs and village pieces from DRS Designs!!  It really helps set the mood for Christmas!
You can find all the designer's card samples HERE where you can also link your own TAG creation to be in the running for a prize from DRS Designs.  All the details about this challenge can be found on their Blog site.
Have a wonderful week and keep on stamping!  Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

No comments: