Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, July 7, 2016

DRS Challenge #234 Hot Trends-Creative Piercing!

Good morning!
It's time for a new challenge!

 (use piercing in a creative way..outline an image, pierce a butterfly trail, do a pattern in the corners, add some swirls or lines..you get the idea).


I found a die that is for doing sunrays (ODBD) and I used it as a guide to make my holes with a paper piercer. I also pierced around the sun.  I formed my sun using the reverse masking technique; I used a 1" circle punch to make my mask from a post-it and then placed it on my horizon and used another post-it on the horizon to keep the color out of the water and then sponged on the yellow ink.
I then used the circle part of the mask and covered my sun to make my sky (I also had to use a mask for my sailboat to keep it clean).
I used dies (Spellbinders borders and ODBD circles) that have piercing on them as well so that they would go with my pierced sky.

To see more inspiration for piercing and to join in the challenge (prize every week), please visit the DRS blog site HERE.

Thanks for visiting today!

Robin

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, you know how much I love piercing, and what a fabulous way you've used the dies in this card to do it. And I love this image and how you've colored it...fabulous card, sweet friend! And I love the color combination and the bottom dies. Great masculine card! Big hugs! xoxo

irishgreensue said...

LOVE this seaside scene, Robin, and your creative piercing makes it all the more fabulous - just bursting with the sun, and the bustling image of boat and docks!!

Janett said...

Robin, you make the most beautiful sunsets.

Stacy Sheldon said...

that is so cool Robin :)