Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

DRS Challenge #248 National Navy Day!

Good morning!


This week's challenge celebrates the birthday of the US Navy...
Nat'l Navy Day!

 (use any image, die cut, punch, technique, but in honor of the Navy, either use a nautical image and/or the color Navy! Think anchors, ships, water, flags, etc..)


Anchors Aweigh, my boys



Letter die cuts-ODBD, Rope border-Elizabeth Craft Designs
I sort of mixed and matched the USA Thanks to Our Brave sentiment to make this card.
I have a letter set that is just perfect for cards and that is how I made the NAVY to go with US.  The anchor is just perfect for the Navy as well!
I colored it with Copic Markers (as well as the US) and made my rope red to go along with the red rope from my rope die.  
To use just part of the sentiment stamp at a time I cover what I don't what to stamp with tape, ink the stamp up then remove the tape.  After stamping I clean the stamp, dry and tape the other part I do NOT want to use and repeat.  Using a stamp aligner will cut down on booboos in this area.  I used removable tape on the letters after placing them evenly on a ruler, applied glue then set them down on the paper and removed the tape.


To enter, show us your card  by linking it at DRS and please remember to link back to DRS. The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, October 19 at 6:30 pm ET and please link new creations only (no back dated or duplicate entries)We are now limiting the number of entries to 3 per personChallenge entries don't have to use DRS Designs stamps, but if you use them on your challenge card, you'll get an extra entry into the prize drawing.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin


No comments: