Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, November 3, 2016

DRS Challenge #251 Hot Trend-Trash To Treasure

Good morning!
Recycling today!!
 Use any image, any technique, any die cut.. but be sure to include or use something you'd normally throw away..think acetate packaging, ribbons, flowers, papers, magazines, etc..

I started this card with a piece of yellow card stock and found a piece of shipping bag, cut one side off and used the inside to paint and smack onto the card stock then painted it again with lighter colors and smacked it again (so, first I used trash to paint my background paper) I then found an acetate package that held clear acrylic snowflakes so it had a built in "box" shape to it.  I cut away everything except a bit around the "box" (to put glue on) and used it as a shaker container for my card.  It works perfectly.  I filled it with beads and acrylic leaves.  I stamped the DRS 1017H Wheat Give Thanks on white then sponged Tea Stain and Amber on it, covered the back of my box and glued it in place.  I wrapped brown ribbon around my background piece and then I glued the entire background and box to a brown card, added a bow, some die cut wheat, and a button with floss.

To enter, show us your card  by linking it HERE & please be sure to link back to DRS. The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, November 9, at 6:30 pm ET and please link new creations only (no back dated or duplicate entries). Be sure to let us know what you re-purposed. We are now limiting the number of entries to 3 per personChallenge entries don't have to use DRS Designs stamps, but if you use them on your challenge card, you'll get an extra entry into the prize drawing.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

3 comments:

Susie Williams said...

Is there no end to your talent!!! Not only do you create wonderful cards, but now you are recycling!!!! Ahhhhhhh big happy sigh, I could look at your gorgeous cards all day long my friend.

Janine said...

Lovely card - really nice use of "old rubbish"

Stacy Sheldon said...

This is just beautiful Robin, I love that you made it a shaker :)